Who We Are
Orientation Leaders run the show on Orientation Day and at events during Weeks of Welcome! They welcome new students to the FIC community and support students as they meet new people and build relationships. Orientation Leaders are the first face of FIC and help introduce students to their new academic environment, to important people and resources at FIC and to each other! Orientation Leaders lead with their experience and help ease any worries or uncertainties new students may have, always ready to answer a question and offer a smile!
What We Do
You might remember the Orientation Leaders from your first FIC experience. They are the students who answered your questions about everything there is to know about FIC and helped you relax and make new friends! Orientation Leaders are so important on Orientation Day and during Weeks of Welcome, as they help make FIC the warm and welcoming community that it strives to be. We depend on our Orientation Leaders to be energetic, enthusiastic, friendly and fun on Orientation Day and throughout Weeks of Welcome events and transition programs! We also depend on Orientation Leaders to be responsible and fulfill their duties. This may include leading icebreakers and games to help students relax and meet each other (online or in-person), hosting events throughout Weeks of Welcome to support new students and connect them with continuing students in our community, or being responsible for running community connection sessions with a group of new students!
If you had a great time at Orientation and hope to make other new students have fun and feel welcome just like you did, then sign up to be an Orientation leader!
Benefits of Joining
- Orientation is really, really FUN!
- The chance to meet many new people and make them feel welcome at FIC (because they will definitely feel nervous!)
- Professional experience, working with other student leaders, student managers and professional staff
- Most importantly, to be a part of the FIC community that promotes enthusiasm, friendship, and fun for every new student
Commitment to the Program
- Training sessions before Orientation Day(s)
- Full participation at Orientation Session(s) (virtual or in-person)
- Supporting Weeks of Welcome community event(s)
- Collaborating with other Orientation Leaders to host a community connection group involving mentoring, creating inclusive spaces for connections, running group Meet-ups
- FIC Orientation is a 5 week commitment (the week leading up to Orientation and the first 4 weeks of the semester)