FIC is pleased to announce Financial Aid opportunities to our students, with additional support from the SFSS. Students who are experiencing financial difficulties will have the opportunity to apply for short-term emergency funding. Please find more information below.
Navitas Canada Financial Aid Bursary
The purpose of this fund is to provide short term emergency financial support for safety related needs (e.g. food, shelter) in the form of a bursary to students facing financial hardship. Applications are managed assuming the community is acting in good faith and ensuring the funds are available for genuine need of classmates.
- You must be an enrolled Fraser International College (FIC) student
- You must have no outstanding financial balance with the institution
- You must be registered in full time courses during the semester in which you are applying for funds
- You must have achieved the minimum passing grade on all completed courses in the previous semester or have a combination of 80% attendance and a record of community engagement
- Students may only receive one bursary in a twelve month period
The funding value and number of bursaries available vary based on number of applications received and individual need. Not all bursaries are paid as cash and may be paid directly to a resource or service on behalf of the student. Students will also be referred to additional community support resources.
Applications will be reviewed by the committee in Weeks 5, 10 and 15 of every semester