Request a Document
We recommend reading the below important information before completing the Application for Documents Request Form. You must complete the application form in order for us to process your request.
An official transcript is a complete record of your academic history at Fraser International College, and will include all your classes – both in progress and completed – and the grades you received. All academic transcripts are confidential and may only be ordered by the student.
An official transcript is different from an unofficial transcript as it is printed on official paper, signed by the College Director, stamped, and sealed. If you would like an unofficial transcript, one can be printed on your ‘Results’ page in your Student Profile on your Student Portal with no fee or waiting period.
Current FIC students who are planning for their transfer to SFU do not need to complete this application or pay for an official transcript. Your transcript will be sent by FIC automatically if you submitted an application to SFU.
Letter of Enrolment
A letter of enrolment is an official FIC document that confirms your full-time enrolment status, and may be used for your study permit and visa extensions. It includes information such as your program, the semester you started at FIC, the anticipated completion date of your program, and that you are expected to transfer to SFU upon completion.
A letter of enrolment can be downloaded from your Student Portal after you have enrolled in classes for a semester. On the homepage, hover over ‘Students’ and then click on ‘Enrolment Letter.’ If you have any issues downloading the PDF, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
A letter of enrolment cannot be downloaded and must be requested from us if:
- it is between semesters and you are not currently enrolled in any classes
- you have an outstanding balance owed to FIC
- you have withdrawn or have transferred to SFU
- you have taken a semester deferral
Other Documents Available to Order
- Certificate of Completion
- Course Outlines
- Military Letter
- Family Invitation
- Attendance Records
- Financial Transcript (Statement)
Cost of Services
Current Processing Time: 10 business days (Regular) and 5 business days (Rush)
Due to the high volume of document requests and rotation of staff on campus, it may take up to 10 business days (Monday-Friday only, excluding weekends and statutory holidays) for your document to be processed. You can also request a rush order for your document, and it will be processed in 5 business days for an additional $20 fee. We are happy to work with you to ensure your document arrives where it needs to be on time!
Please be aware that official transcripts that require mailing may be delayed due to a reduction in mail service by Canada Post and other carriers. We suggest reaching out to the institution where you wish to send the transcript to determine if they will accept an electronic transcript sent directly from FIC. If you are requesting official transcripts for yourself, we suggest you print off an unofficial transcript.
Due to the nature of the current situation, please be aware that the mailing of transcripts may be suspended at any time.
Please note that it is the student’s responsibility to provide the mailing address of an institution and to ensure when completing the form that all address details are correct.
We are pleased to announce that the option to pick up your document(s) directly from FIC will resume on October 4th, 2021! You are welcome to pick up your document at the 1st floor front desk, Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm (unfortunately closed weekends and statutory holidays).
When picking up your document, please be prepared to show a piece of photo ID. We will notify you by email when your document is ready to be picked up.
Regular delivery is via Canada Post and transcripts generally take 1-2 weeks to reach its destination. Regular delivery is not recommended for international shipments. Please note again that Canada Post has suspended delivery to certain international destinations. If you are ordering from outside Canada, please ensure Canada Post can deliver to your address before ordering by referring to their website.
Please note that tracking is not available for orders sent by regular mail.
Transcripts are couriered via FedEx and generally take 3-5 business days to reach its destination. At this time, courier delivery is only available for US & International orders. Delays can still be expected at this time. Transcripts sent by courier will include a tracking number.
Transcripts may be sent to an institution’s designated transcript or Admissions email (with permission) or will otherwise be emailed to both your FIC student email, and indicated personal email address.
** Please note that all students will receive an electronic copy of their transcript if they are requesting a hard copy at no additional charge.
- Students with an outstanding balance owed to FIC will not have their requests fulfilled until that balance is cleared. If you have questions about the amount owing, please contact FICFinance@fraseric.ca
- Transcripts may only be ordered by the student whose grades are requested. However, a third party may be authorized to pick-up their transcript via email or phone.
- Transcripts must be sent directly from institution to institution and in many cases will not be accepted when delivered by the applicant. It is the applicant’s responsibility to understand how their transcript must be submitted. Once a transcript is handled by the student, it cannot be returned and mailed to ensure no tampering has taken place
- It is the responsibility of the student to determine the address and department details for the institution they are applying to
- Unclaimed transcripts ordered for pick-up (once these services resume) will be destroyed after 6 months
- Transcripts will not be processed until payment is received in full and unfortunately cannot be deducted from a student’s tuition account
- You will receive an email with an electronic copy of your document attached to notify you when it is available for pick-up or when it has been mailed
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about your request