FIC MEDIA MAKERS
Who We Are
FIC Media Makers are a team of current FIC and SFU students focused on the art of storytelling by sharing the FIC student experience with the community!
Through digital engagement campaigns, in-person programming and strategic promotion, this team works on community building and increasing FIC brand awareness. This entails the full cycle of event planning and promotion from brainstorming to strategic planning to execution. Team members engage in storytelling by documenting the FIC community experiences that take place every semester! FIC Media Makers are the people that strategically make FIC’s memories last and help tell student stories!
What We Do
FIC Media Makers will meet weekly to come up with strategies and incentives to effectively represent the student community, resources and academic environment at FIC and engage current and prospective students on different media platforms. They are responsible for contributing to student engagement and FIC brand awareness by identifying potential gaps and bringing creative ways to engage and support the student community. FIC Media Makers do this by working closely with the Student Experience team and Marketing and Communications team to understand event programming and resources available to students as well as learning about the FIC branding campaigns being run.
If you are a creative individual looking to learn new skills with an interest in photography, marketing and supporting your peers through digital engagement we’d love to see your application!
Benefits of Joining
- Doing what you love for great volunteer experience and gaining new leadership skills
- Opportunities for professional development through experiential learning with various FIC staff
- Contributing to FIC’s social media accounts
- Enhancing interpersonal skills while working in diverse teams
- Meeting new people who share the same interests as you!
Commitment to the Program
- Positively contributing during 1 hour weekly team meeting (WK1-WK12)
- Attending and documenting FIC community events
- Proactively working with sub-groups on assigned areas of semester projects
- Attendance at training sessions before and throughout the semester including Student Leadership Training
- Two-semester consecutive commitment in order to receive a certificate of completion