2023 Summer Program
FIC’s Summer Programs offer a cultural experience that allows students to experience the vibrant, multicultural city of Vancouver while getting the opportunity to study on the picturesque, mountain-top campus of Canada’s #1 comprehensive university.
Throughout the program students will:
- Develop their language skills while learning about the traditional ancestral lands upon which SFUs cutting-edge research occurs
- Explore the city through a variety of trips designed to showcase the culture, diversity, and history of the province
- Participate in 15 hours of weekly language instruction and conclude the week by applying their skills and knowledge to a leadership or community-based project
The Summer Program allows access to some of the world-class shared infrastructure Simon Fraser University provides for its researchers, including a leading medical imaging research facility, as well as a biosecure facility researching Risk Group 3 pathogens to help advance breakthrough discoveries to benefit society.
FIC’s summer program is offered to students between the ages of 13-17 years old during the month of July. Students can join this program for as little as one week or as long as three weeks throughout its duration.
- Minimum one week of study.
- July 2023. Schedule is flexible to meet student needs.
FIC’s Summer Program is offered weekly during the month of July. Students have the choice to join this program for as little as one week or as long as three weeks throughout its duration.
The program will be offered to groups from May to August. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
FEES AND CHARGES: 2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
Program Cost: $1,800 CAD per week*
- Program tuition and course materials
- Accommodations and meal plan
- Access to the university fitness centre and other recreational facilities
- guard.me international health insurance
- 24/7 Keep Me Safe counselling
- Round trip airport transportation
- 2-Zone local bus pass and transportation to all cultural trips
- 24/7 on-call emergency support
*Discounts may be available to students choosing to study for three weeks or longer
2023 Weekly Schedule
*Please note schedule is subject to change.
- Museum of Anthropology at UBC
- Science World
- Vancouver Aquarium
- Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge
- Burnaby Mountain Park
- Granville Island
- Queen Elizabeth Park & Bloedel Conservatory
- Stanley Park
- Burnaby Village Museum
- R. Macmillan Space Centre
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- SFU Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology
- Burnaby Mountain Indigenous Art Walk
SFU Research & Lab Tours:
- SFU Media and Makers Commons
- SFU Library
- SFU Archives
- SFU Learning Gardens
- SFU SARlab (remote sensing)
- SFU eBrain Lab & ImageTech Lab (surrey)
- SFU BIO3 Lab
- SFU’s Big Data Hub
- Surrey Campus
- Trottier Observatory
Applications open on January 9, 2023. Please visit the link below and fill out the PDF form. Email your application to email@example.com.