Travelling to Canada
This webpage is for new or returning students arriving from outside of Canada to begin or continue their studies at Fraser International College.
News and Updates
The Government of Canada announced the removal of all COVID-19 entry restrictions, as well as testing, quarantine, and isolation requirements for anyone entering Canada, effective October 1, 2022.
The removal of border measures has been facilitated by a number of factors, including modelling that indicates that Canada has largely passed the peak of the Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 fuelled waves, Canada’s high vaccination rates, lower hospitalization and death rates, as well as the availability and use of vaccine boosters (including new bivalent formulation), rapid tests, and treatments for COVID-19.
Effective October 1, 2022, all travellers, regardless of citizenship, will no longer have to:
- submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
- provide proof of vaccination;
- undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
- carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation;
- monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada.
Transport Canada is also removing existing travel requirements. As of October 1, 2022, travellers will no longer be required to:
- undergo health checks for travel on air and rail; or
- wear masks on planes and trains.
- Although the masking requirement is being lifted, all travellers are strongly recommended to wear high quality and well-fitted masks while traveling.
GUIDANCE FOR STUDENTS PLANNING TO TRAVEL TO CANADA
- This guide includes a travel/document checklist, suggestions for setting up your life in Canada, and much more! This guide is updated regularly, and is your main resource for everything you need to know to prepare to travel to Canada!