COVID-19 Updates and FAQs

Apply for your visa

As a future international student to Canada, you must obtain a Study Permit (Student Visa) from the Canadian Embassy in your home country before beginning your journey to Canada. Depending on your citizenship or where you live, you may also need a temporary resident visa (TRV).

Applying for your visa/study permit

You should apply for your Study Permit as soon as you have paid your fees to FIC.

The Study Permit process may take a while to be processed. Canadian Embassies and High Commissions become very busy with applications around the intake dates. You should therefore apply for your Study Permit as early as possible!

For more information about the application process and processing times in your country, you can visit

Please do let us know when your Study Permit is confirmed.

Did You Know?

  • More than 90,000 students come to Canada every year to study!
  • Apply as soon as you receive your letter of offer! Processing times can range from 4-12 weeks, depending on the time of year!
  • In 2010 the three countries to send the most students to Canada were China, India, and South Korea.

To help us track your visa status or to let us know if you have received your study permit, please complete the form below.

Enter your details here...


Visa application/study permit status form

This needs to match the email id used while applying