Travelling to Canada
February 19, 2021
Please find Air traveller requirements as mentioned on the Government of Canada Website.
Travellers must still provide proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test taken up to 72 hours before their scheduled departure time.
As of February 21, 2021, at 11:59 pm ET, travellers, unless exempted, will also be required to:
- reserve a government-authorized hotel for 3 nights prior to departure to Canada
- take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival in Canada
- stay in the government-authorized hotel while awaiting the results of the COVID-19 molecular test taken on arrival
- pay for the cost of the hotel stay, as well as all associated costs for:
- infection prevention and control measures
Travellers must present proof of having reserved and pre-paid for their accommodation through ArriveCAN.
Travellers will still be required to complete the remainder of the mandatory 14-day quarantine after their mandatory hotel stopover.
List of Government approved hotels.
February 12, 2021
There are new restrictions for Air and Land travellers which will come into effect on February 22, 2021. It is extremely important that you understand the process for travelling to Canada. The current message from the Government of Canada is ‘Now is not the time to travel’. Please take the time to read the information about the travel restriction in place by visiting the following pages regularly as things are changing:
- News release by the Government of Canada
- Hotel Quarantine Measures for air travellers come into effect Feb.22
- Travel Restrictions in Canada
- COVID-19 Mandatory hotel stay for all air travellers arriving in Canada
- COVID-19 testing for travellers coming into Canada
January 29th, 2021
The Government of Canada has announced that there will be major travel restrictions coming into as soon as possible. One of these changes will start on Feb 3rd as all international passenger flights will land only in of the four following airports: Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary and Montreal.
They have announced as well that as soon as possible there will be mandatory PCR testing at the arrival airport for people returning to Canada. After the testing travelers will have to wait up to three days at a government- approved hotel for their test results, at their own expense.
For more information please read the following article and government website: CBC News Article and Government of Canada announcements from January 29.
December 31st, 2020
Effective immediately, current Government of Canada regulations require that anyone arriving from outside of Canada must provide documentation of a negative covid19 laboratory test result to the airline prior to boarding a flight to Canada. Individuals with a negative test result must still complete the full 14 day quarantine period.
For detailed information about testing, please read the news release by the Government of Canada
Download the FIC and SFU Full COVID-19 statement.