Summer and Fall 2022 Admission FAQs
Yes, FIC has been continuously assessing students for admission for the May 2022 intake. We have been working closely with students who have experienced challenges completing their admission requirements due to COVID-19 and will continue to do so.
Yes, FIC has been continuously assessing students for Fall 2022 admission offers. We are working closely with students who are experiencing challenges completing their admission requirements due to COVID-19.
- New applicants (2021 Graduates) who meet FIC’s admission requirements based on their predicted in-school final year results or predicted grades will be eligible to receive a Letter of Offer for September 2021 without an academic condition.
- Final documentation of completed 12th year of education will still be required by November 30, 2021. Please note that students will be required to address any other outstanding conditions on their offer letter.
- Students holding a conditional offer letter for Fall 2021 that is contingent upon exam scores, will receive a revised letter the week of May 10, 2021.
- On a final note, we encourage all students and partners to be aware of current processing times for Canadian Study Permits. Updates can be found on the IRCC website. Given the current timelines, we strongly encourage students to apply for their Study Permit as soon as possible.
FIC has made changes to our campus and services as we continue to monitor protect the health and safety of our community. Our team is working both in-person and remotely and continuing to evaluate applications for Summer and Fall 2022.
As it is our standard FIC process, we will assess applications and respond to the applicant within 2 business days.
Yes, you can defer your admission if the conditions on the latest Letter of Offer have not been met or if your student visa has no been granted. Students wishing to defer must send an email to FIC Admissions at email@example.com stating that they want to defer and the reasoning behind their request. FIC does not allow students to exceed more than three deferrals
FIC Admissions will work with you to ensure we have the information needed to evaluate your application for admission. Please contact us for more information or to send us your documents.
Our Admissions staff are working remotely and we are not able to process mailed documents. Instead, you can send us your official and unofficial documents and we will review them.
You should send your documents to our email and we will assess them.
Should exams be postponed or cancelled in your region, we are assessing these with available results on a case-by-case basis. Please send us all available high school transcripts for assessment.
Yes, you can defer your admission if the conditions on the latest Letter of Offer have not been met or if your student visa has not been granted. Students wishing to defer must send an email to FIC Admissions stating that they want to defer and the reasoning behind their request. FIC does not allow studnets to exceed more than three deferrals.
- We encourage you to visit our www.fraseric.ca/english-language-requirements to familiarize yourself with the tests we accept currently.
- Many in-person testing centres are now open and are hosting exams.
- Options for taking an English proficiency test online that we currently accept are:
- IELTS Indicator – IELTS has introduced a remote testing option that is available in many countries. We encourage students to visit www.ieltsindicator.com for more information.
- TOEFL IBT Special Home Edition Test – TOEFL has introduced remote testing options for students in all countries where students can normally take a TOEFL test, except for Mainland China or Iran. We encourage students to visit www.ets.org/s/cv/toefl/at-home/ for more information.
For any questions regarding study permits, we recommend you to confer with an immigration consultant and to check the Government of Canada website for more information.